Au-pairs available- Toronto/Calgary/ Vancouver
© ABC Nannies Canada Inc. 604-726-6501                                                     
ABC Nannies Canada!
Home About Childcare services Nanny Information LMIA processing Contact
Canadian and International Nannies, Au-pairs and Caregivers

Au-pair in Canada

The au pair's primary responsibility is to help you look after your children. Alongside childcare you may ask the au pair to help out with household chores as part of their duties, but these should only be light household chores, as their responsibility is to look after the children, not to clean the house.  Clarify with your au pair well in advance what his/her exact duties will be. It is also recommended that these duties are defined in the au pair contract. Au pairs in Canada are paid at least minimum wage minus room and board. The minimum wage vary for each province/ territory, please check the minimum hourly wages rates in Canada for specific information on your place of residence Au pairs usually pay for their own travel costs. If you are happy with the help your au pair provides, you can pay for the return trip or reimburse part of the cost. However, this is only something we recommend. It is not compulsory. Most Au-pairs come from following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Republic of Korea, Netherlands, New Zealand, Sweden and United Kingdom. The maximum validity of an employment authorization issued under this program is usually 12 -24 months, but can be extended.

Determine your eligibility to apply for

work permit and become Au-pair in


To be eligible for the Working Holiday category, you must:  •be a citizen of countries that have a bilateral youth mobility arrangement with Canada., •have a valid passport for the duration of your stay in Canada – your work permit in Canada will not be longer than the validity of your passport, •be between the ages of 18 and 35 (inclusive), •have the equivalent of C$2,500 to help cover your expenses, •be able to take out health insurance for the duration of your stay – you may have to present evidence of this insurance when you enter Canada, •be admissible to Canada, •have, prior to departure, a round-trip ticket or the financial resources to purchase a departure ticket for the end of your authorized stay in Canada, •not be accompanied by dependents